December 1, 2007

give LOVE for Christmas

Some of the best gifts I've ever given or received have been those that touch the lives of strangers. My best friend and I exchange gifts every year, but each season we choose gifts from organizations that send needed supplies to people in developing nations. Last year my friend gave a gardening kit in my name to a family in Sudan. It was such a great and thoughful gift! It fit my interests and passions perfectly.

Also, giving a gift that helps others does not mean you cannot give a tangible gift. Organizations such as Bead for Life allow you to buy beautiful jewelry for your loved ones and the money goes to women in Uganda. I have bought and received many bracelets and necklaces. They are beautiful and unique! Other gift ideas are (RED) merchandise and apparel from Invisible Children.

More ideas and links to come...

No comments: